Words in Multiple Tabs not being searched

Home Page Forums WooCommerce Custom Tabs Words in Multiple Tabs not being searched

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tabrez

Participant

Hi, I have a webbsite on food and health. I have created multiple tabs to ensure easy readability of the information for each product. However, the content of the tabs is not searchable. For example, if I search for “smelly urine”, no page shows up. However, in the following link http://natureandnutrition.com/shop/vegetables/health-benefits-asparagus/ , the key word smelly urine is present in the Side Effects Tab. Please let me know if I have any setting wrongly done.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Tabrez,

Custom post tab content is stored in standard WordPress custom fields.
    So every solution that support search in WordPress custom fields can solve this question.

We have tried some plugins which support meta field search, but according to our tests none of them found content accurately in custom meta fields. (E.g. Search Everything, WP Custom Fields Search, Relevanssi plugins).

There is some reliable WordPress plugin that add sophisticated search functionality to your WordPress site using Google, the better search engine in the world. This solution find everything on your site, including content of custom tabs. You can find more information here according to one of these plugins:
    http://webshoplogic.com/product/wp-google-search-wordpress-plugin/

We hope one of the plugins we recommend to extend WP built in search functionality to custom meta fields or WP Google Search plugin will solve this question.

Peter Rath
    WebshopLogic

Tabrez

Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your response. However, one doubt that I have is that would these custom tabs be then indexed by search engines?

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Yes, tab content can indexed by search engines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.