manually relate items of custom taxonomies

Home Page Forums WP Related Items manually relate items of custom taxonomies

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi,

There would be many reasons why not related items are displayed.
    Please see “What causes that related items do not appear?” question in the faq here: http://webshoplogic.com/product/wp-related-items-pro-wri-wordpress-plugin/#tab-faq&nc
    (We have refreshed it now.)

If you could not resolve the problem, please give us temporary admin account to your site (you can send the account information to info@webshoplogic.com), and we examine what is the reason of it.

Peter

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Sergi!

We have done several things:

1. We have seen sour settings, these are good on your site!

2. We have tested the WRI plugin with RT-Theme 18 theme to see if they are compatible or not. During the test we have used Portfolio and Product Showcase post types. We used settings that display the following relationships in both sides:
    -product to showcase
    -product to other product
    -showcase to product
    -showcase to other showcase

All way worked perfectly on our own test environment, so we can declare that RT-Theme 18 and WRI are compatible, this is good news. Find screenshots attached about our test.

3. We have seen your YARPP settings.
    On YARPP settings page of your site I saw the following message, that may prevent YARPP engine to find related items:
    "Consider Titles" and "Consider Bodies" are currently disabled. As a result, "Pages" may not display in the "Related Posts" sections. Show Details [+]
    Please click on ‘Show details’ link on YARPP settings page for more information.

You can find a lot of topics about this YARPP / MyISAM problem in the net, e.g:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fulltext-index-creation-problem-consider-titles-disabled?replies=8
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/yarpps-consider-titles-and-consider-bodies-not-working?replies=26

I’m not 100% sure that this is the problem, but it may cause this behavior, so try to solve it in your database, we hope this will be a solution for the problem.

Peter

Attachments:

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Alex

Participant

Hi Peter,
    I’m still having problems with showing related portfolio items in single products page.
    I don’t know what else can I do.
    I left the problem for the end of the project but the website is already finished and I’am still unable to show properly related items
    Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sergi.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Sergi!

My account is still alive for your site, so I can see the settings.
    I saw that there is no common category set between products and portfolio items, and you do not use manual relationships. One of them would be preferred to increase relatedness between these elements.
    For example on “Related Types” (Tipos relacionados) tab of WRI Settings page “Product Categories” can be set in Related portfolio (Relacionado Portfolio) section.

If you do this, an extra categorization metabox will be displayed on Portfolio edit pages, so portfolio items can be classified into product category. So the products in the same product category will be similar to this portfolio item.

Alternatively you can use the opposite solution, so you can use portfolio categories for products, or you can use the special Similarity Marker Categories, if you set “Enable Similarity Marker Categories (pro)” checkbox (Habilitar Categorías de Similarity Marker).
    In these cases you will also get extra categories on product and portfolio edit pages, so you can and you should adjust related portfolio items and portfolio elements to the same categories.
    So the key is, that you should decide how would you like make connection between the different elements (using common category system or apply similar title/content or manual relationships or the combination of them)

On the other hand, please decrease the “Match threshold” (Umbral de coincidencia) on “Product page” tab of WRI settings page, because if the threshold is too high, then you will not get any similar items.

I hope this information is useful for you.

Peter

Alex

Participant

Hi Peter,
    Thanks for your support.
    I only want to use manual relationships.
    The only goal is to show 4 portfolio items in each product item and set this portfolio items in the product edit page.

I set “Enable Similarity Marker Categories (pro)” and now all portfolio and product items have a common category, but I don’t know if this is what i have to do if I wont to use manual relationships.

I think this plugin has so many options that it is a bit complex and confusing to set up.
    :-(

Thanks,

Sergi

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Sergi!

Thank you for your clear description of your aim.
    Your settings are perfect. You are right that it is complex, but without it would not be possible to set that you would like.

We cold not find the reason yet, but the problem is that the system could not find related portfolios for product. I set it temporary, and it can find products for portfolio, or post to post, only this one combination is wrong (portfolios for product), but in our environment this works perfectly.

We can help you if you give us possibility to debug this. I will write you a private email with the details.

I’m sure, that we can solve this problem soon.

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.