How to replicate the style in your demo page

Home Page Forums WP Related Items How to replicate the style in your demo page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Houcem

Participant

Hi,
    I want to display related products on my article pages. Yet, it is pulling a long excerpt under each thumbnail under each post. I use Woocommerce.

How should proceed to get a template similar to the one you have on the demo page? I want to display the thubnail, the price (maybe a short description – 1 sentence or so) and the button to add to cart or go to the affiliate offer (I have some affiliate products in the shop)?

Thanks in advance.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Houcem!

If I understand well, you can see thumbnails of WooCommerce products on an article page, but you cannot see product name, price and add to cart button.

Generally WRI uses original WooCommerce product catalog template to display related products (in WRI thumbnail mode), if WooCommerce plugin active. Product name, price and add to cart button should be displayed. Of course Your theme or special WooCommerce templates may modify this functionality.

Which theme do you use?

Please check if “woocommerce.php” file is exists in “wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/” directory. This is required to use WooCommerce options in WRI.

Please check if “wp-content\themes\YOUR_THEME\wri_template” directory. If not, please deactivate and then activate WRI plugin in WordPress Plugins menu. (This could be happen if you change your theme.)

Go to “Post Page” tab in WRI settings page, and in the “Products” row set “Thumnail” in “List/Thumbnail” field.

Make sure you switch off “Automatically display” checkboxes in YARPP settings page (this is in “Display Options” section of YARPP options page, that can be hide or make visible using “Screen options” button on the upper right corner of YARPP settings page)

If you check and set all of the above things, I suppose you will get similar result as you can see on WRI demo screenshots or on our own site (http://webshoplogic.com).

If the problem still exists, please let us know. It would be great if you give us your site URL, to see this problem.

Best Regards
    Peter Rath
    WebshopLogic

Houcem

Participant

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. I checked and it looks like all the files are in place. Still, I am not getting the output I would like to have. The related products were displaying long descriptions, so I wrote a short description and left the rest to the tabs. See first related product on this page:

Benefits and Challenges of the 80/10/10 Diet

What can do else to get the buy now button showing up?

Thanks,
    Houcem

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Houcem!

I looked at you WooCommerce product catalog (e.g. http://www.myhealthylivingcoach.com/product-category/featured-product), and I realized that the price is not displayed there.
    So some way you hide prices generally in hole WooCommerce catalog (not only in case of WRI similar products).
    Maybe you use a special plugin (maybe the one that redirect customers to Amazon.com), or theme that uses a special WooCommerce catalog template, and this template hides prices and displays excerpts. This is not the default WooCommerce catalog template.

As I wrote earlier, WP Related Items (WRI) plugin calls the template that WooCommerce uses, so in the same way as WooCommerce, WRI does not display the price.

If you find the way to switch back prices in the WooCommerce catalog, WRI will also display prices.

We don’t know more details about your site, so we can’t find out the reason of it, but hope you can localize the cause of this behavior.

If you still have any question, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
    Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.