Google CSE botched with 4.9.1 upgrade?

Home Page Forums WP Google Search Google CSE botched with 4.9.1 upgrade?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WebshopLogic 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

jdedraeck

Participant

Hey – only recently installed your plugin. Worked very well indeed.

Yet – I upgraded to WP 4.9.1 and the custom search page I created now only shows “Index of /” on a white screen.

What is strange is that when I _preview_ the page, it does seem to work.

I looked at the FTP file system, and I see three “search_gcse” folders.

1) in root
    2) in /html/
    3) in /<mysite.domain>/

I have the impression the plugin targets the incorrect location.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

The plugin is compatible with WP 4.9.1.

When you activate the plugin, it creates a “Search Results” page, the slug code of this page is “search_gcse”.
    This page contains the following shortcode, where the plugin displays search results: [wp_google_search]

This page has to be exist for displaying search results, and it must be a public page. Please check it in the “Pages” menu of your WP site.

If there is any problem of displaying search results, check that if this page exists, and is published.

You can deactivate the plugin then activate again for creating this page again if it was deleted.

jdedraeck

Participant

Hmm. I did all the above, but am still seeing the same white screen with “Index of /”.

I also deactivated, removed and re-installed to no avail.

Could it have to do with it being a WP Network install? :/

Attachments:

You must be logged in to view attached files.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

This WordPress page cannot be displayed.
    This problem does not related to WP Google Search plugin, it is a more general page displaying problem. Regardless of the content this page (e.g. regardless of search results) this WP page cannot be displayed.

Maybe your permalink settings or a .htaccess setting is wrong, or there is a plugin conflict, that prevent this page from displaying.
    You can check these, or ask your system administrator why this WP page cannot be dispalayed.

Your other pages can be displayed (not posts, but pages)?

One more idea that you can try: delete this pages, then empty the trash folder, and regenerate this by deactivating and activating WP Google Search plugin. But this will not solve the problem if a general WP or Apache or other server component settings is wrong.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial