WP Google Search product page
This product is a downloadable virtual product.
This plugin gives a very simple way to insert Google Search function into your WordPress site.
Just register to Google Custom Search, get your Google Search Engine ID and enter it in the plugin settings page.
Then place Google search-box widget to your site and enjoy it!
GPLv2 or later
- Upload the plugin to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Register to Google Custom Search Engine and get your Google Search Engine ID here: https://www.google.com/cse/
- Enable the plugin and enter Google Search Engine ID: Settings -> WP Google Search
Documentation / FAQ
How to set Google Custom Search?
You have to do the following 3 easy steps to make all the registrations and settings.
1. Register to Google Custom Search
Register to Google Custom Search Engine and get your Google Search Engine ID on the Google Custom Search Engine admin site: https://www.google.com/cse/
If you want, that only your site can be searched, set your site as the only searchable site on “Sites to search” section.
You can make a lot of settings here; your changes will appear instantly on your site automatically.
For example, you can set that search results are displayed on a normal page or in a popup window. Use Full-Width layout or Overlay (popup) layout on Google Custom Search Admin site to setup it.
2. Make plugin settings
After you registered to Google Custom Search Engine and get your Google Search Engine ID, you need to enter the ID in the plugin settings page: Settings -> WP Google Search
3. Place Google search box on your site
Use WP Google Search widget or use [wp_google_searchbox] shortcode to place search box on your site.
What should I do if there is a problem with displaying search results?
When you activate the plugin, it creates a “Search Results” page, the slug code of this page is “search_gcse”.
This page contains the following shortcode, where the plugin displays search results: [wp_google_search]
If there is any problem during display of search results, check that page is published and not scheduled.
- Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress.
- 1 year, 9 months ago
You must be logged in to create new topics.