05/04/2016 at 03:25
I just installed the PRO version of the plugin and activated it (entered my API Key and email).
The Settings page is there.
The Product Tabs area is NOT showing up in the admin menu. I’ve looked up and down the list.
And there isn’t a tab area on the product page.
So, all I have is the settings page – nothing else.
What could be going on?05/04/2016 at 07:55
Thank you for your purchase.
Are you sure that you deactivated the other version of the plugin (the Lite version, or an earlier type of PRO version?).
Please check it according to the documentation about installation:
07/04/2016 at 15:52
- This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by WebshopLogic.
My site currently uses WooTabs Version 2.1.5. I want to switch to your plugin because I want to control tabs by categories.
I de-activated WooTabs.
I installed and activated Woocommerce Custom Tabs PRO Version 1.0.19. I followed the instructions, put in the license key, etc.
The settings page was there but the are no links in the admin navigation to get to the rest of the product.
There are no other versions of Woocommerce Custom Tabs installed on the site.
So I wasn’t without tabs, I had to de-activate your plugin and re-activate WooTabs.
I’m hoping to get this working, since I need to control tabs by category.
You must be logged in to view attached files.08/04/2016 at 17:10
I do not understand exactly what does it mean: “The settings page was there but the are no links in the admin”. What kind of links do you think?
On the product settings page there is not any links, just 3 checkboxes and 2 input fields, like on this screenshot:
Do you have this settings page, that is available in Settings / Woocommerce Custom Tabs menu?
You have one more menu: Product Tabs, that is on this screenshot: http://webshoplogic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/WooCommerce_Custom_Tabs_Pro_Multiple_custom_tab_types_admin_list.png
Do you see this menu, and this page?
It may help us, if you send us a screenshot about the problem.
Thanks in advance.
Peter08/04/2016 at 18:03
Sorry for the confusion.
Please watch the video at this link:
Any help you can give me would be great!
After you watch it, let me know so I can delete the video.
Joe08/04/2016 at 19:29
Thanks this really impressive video!
This plugin can handle predefined tab types. You have to define tab types first, in the “Product tabs” menu. It can be specified here if a tab type is applied for all kind of products, or only for products of selected product categories.
When you go into product editor page, you will find fields for all predefined tabs. You cannot create new tabs on product editor page, only the predefined tab content fields can be used, by entering content into them.
According to the video, you have not got any Product tab defined, that is why you cannot find any tab content editor field on the product editor page.
So this is the normal functionality. If you create one or more tabs in “Product tabs” menu, you can use them in product editor page.
I hope this is useful for you.
Peter08/04/2016 at 20:29
Now my question is this:
1) I would like to define a tab that shows up on ALL products – about my return policy. That seems easy to do with this.
2) I would like to define a tab that shows up on ALL PRODUCTS IN A CATEGORY. That seems easy to do with this.
3) How do I define a tab that only shows up for 1 product. For example, product 123 is made by ABC. There are many products in the ABC category. But product 123 needs a special tab that ONLY shows up on that product. Can this be done?
Thank you in advance! Sorry to be so much trouble.
Joe08/04/2016 at 20:49
I got it!
I figured it out :)
Set it so tabs without content do not show.
I created tabs and left the content blank. I assigned them to categories that contained the product that needed a specific tab.
Then I went in to each of those products and added tab content.
No content – and they don’t show!
Perfect! Thanks for a GREAT plugin!
Joe08/04/2016 at 21:05
Here are the answers:
1) Define a tab type in “Product Tabs” menu, set “Use for all products” checkbox. If your return policy are the same for all of your product, then you can set the content of it in “Default Content” field of the tab type (and you can leave the tab content field empty on the individual product editor pages)
2) Define another tab type in “Product Tabs” menu, CLEAR “Use for all products” checkbox. You can choose if you set a Default content in the “Product Tabs” menu, or you set different content for every product on the product edit pages.
3) Create a tab type for it, Default content field of this tab type must be empty, and enter content for this tab only for the specific products (e.g. for product 123). Then this tab will not be displayed in case of other product (just for product 123). Please check if “Hide empty tabs” checkbox is set on the settings page.
You can set a general name for this tab (e.g Special Tab), and you can override this name individually for each product (if you use it for more products), if you enter a custom tab name into Your Tab Custom Title field on the product editor page (e.g. Special Tab Custom Title field).
If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Peter08/04/2016 at 21:07
I have just seen that you find the solution while I answered.
I’m happy to managed to find the solution.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.