Plugin Breaks The Site When Enabled

Home Page Forums WP Related Items Plugin Breaks The Site When Enabled

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

M

Participant

When WRI plugin is enabled, some elements in the page disappear:
    – some widgets in the sidebar.
    – the whole footer.
    – a small margin on the sides.

However, when the plugin is disabled, everything comes back.

This’s a sample post page: http://159.203.219.186/healthyliving/the-sfrx-way-to-make-healthy-changes-in-your-life/

The missing elements can be seen all the time in the archive page: http://159.203.219.186/category/healthyliving/

BTW, the plugin has been working fine until recently. I’m not sure when exactly did this bug come up, but it could be after a recent WordPress update.

Details
    WP Version: 4.7
    WC Version: 2.6.11
    Server Info: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
    PHP Version: 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3
    cURL Version: 7.47.0, OpenSSL/1.0.2g
    MySQL Version: 5.7.16
    Theme Name: LayersWP.com Version: 1.6.5
    WRI PRO Version: 1.2.3
    YARPP Version: 4.3.6

Please let me if you need more information.

Thank you,

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi,

We have not experienced this kind of problem yet.

The plugin is tested on WP 4.7

I have also tested the plugin with LAYERS theme, it works properly. Please find the attached screenshot. The section that contains the bread-crumbs is appeared, that is missing on your site.

Maybe you have applied a design setting that is conflict with our plugin.

Please try to switch off displaying related items on bottom of your page or in widget section to find out whether the problem disappeared.

We can test this problem if we can simply set the same bread-crumbs section in our own test site. If it is possible, please let us know how can we set the area that is missing on your page.

Thanks,
    Peter Rath
    WebshopLogic

Attachments:

You must be logged in to view attached files.

M

Participant

Hi Peter,

Please find below my replies to your points:

The section that contains the bread-crumbs is appeared, that is missing on your site.

The screenshot you took is for a product page, not a post page. The breadcrumbs is showing in the same way in the product product page on my site. http://159.203.219.186/product/breakfast/7-grain-with-flax-whole-grain-pancake-mix/

Maybe you have applied a design setting that is conflict with our plugin.

I removed all my custom CSS and the issue still exist. (disabled other plugins too)

Please try to switch off displaying related items on bottom of your page or in widget section to find out whether the problem disappeared.

I tried that and it didn’t solve the issue.

Also, I tried re-installing the theme and the plugin. It didn’t solve the issue, but here’s what I found; WRI styling folder didn’t show up in the theme folder after activating the plugin. I noticed that when wri_template folder does not exist, everything seem to be working correctly (except for the missing thumbnails). Since I had a backup of the theme folder, I copied over wri_template folder manually and the issue came back.

Please find here my theme folder (including wri_template) and let me know if anything is missing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yj3ygzbybx26hg/layerswp.zip?dl=1

Thank you,

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by M. Reason: attachment exceeded limit

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi,

I spent some hours to find the reason of this problem.

I have inactivated our plugin and deleted wri_template folder from the Layers theme folder, but the header-page-title.php partial template of Layers theme does not displayed on post pages.
    I have tried to debug the problem, but I cannot find any problem in our plugin that causes this problem.

At the end, I have created a brand new WordPress 4.7.1 environment, and install Layers 1.6.5. without WP Related Items and WooCommerce and any other plugins.
    I tried to find any customization possibilities in Layers for switching on/off this header title and breadcrumbs section, but I cannot find any settings, thus I leaved the default settings of the theme.

I have created some posts, but the header page title with the breadcrumbs did not appear in the post pages in my new WP environment.

Please help me what I have to do to appear this section in my new WP environment. Then if Layers displays this section in this simple environment, we can install WP Related Items and see if the plugin has any effect on this Layers section.

Peter

M

Participant

Hi Peter,

the header-page-title.php partial template of Layers theme does not displayed on post pages. I have tried to debug the problem

the header page title with the breadcrumbs did not appear in the post pages in my new WP environment.

I feel like there’s a communication problem between us. As I mentioned before, this is not a “problem”. The breadcrumbs section does not show on post pages by default in Layers theme. It only shows in archive page.

Please help me what I have to do to appear this section

Please help me understand why it is important that we display the breadcrumbs section in post pages. Because I don’t think it’s the source of the problem. Again, on your test site you were looking at a product page not a post page.

Please let me know how would you like to investigate this further. I appreciate your help.

-Moe

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi,

I read your first post again carefully, and if I understand well, the problem is that on single post pages the mentioned element (widgets, sidebar, footer and side margin) disappears when WRI plugin is active. Is it right?

On the given page link I can see the same header, footer, sidebar/widgets, margins than the category page. (The only difference is the breadcrumbs section, that is why I supposed earlier that was the problem).
    To find the problem, we have to reproduce it. In my test site I have tested the home page, a category page and a single post page, looking the whole pages before WRI was installed, and after it.
    There was everything right, see the attached before/after screenshots.
    I cannot see the difference on the link you have given.

Can you please explain it again what the exact problem is? It would be great if you can attach exact screenshots about it.
    Please help how I can reproduce it on an empty test Layers environment. Exactly what kind of widgets and footers has to apply?

None of our other users reported this kind of problem yet, so I suppose it is a specific problem, that is why we have to know how it can be reproduced.

Thanks,
    Peter

Attachments:

M

Participant

Hi Peter,

the problem is that on single post pages (widgets, footer and side margin) disappears when WRI plugin is active. Is it right?

Correct.

Please find below before/after screenshots. Here’s when WRI is disabled:

When enabled: URL

I also would like to give you access to a testing server that I have setup for you. Here’s the login:
    http://104.131.142.121/login
    username: root

(this can be used for SFTP login as well)

I realize this’s public, but I don’t know how to send them otherwise.

I hope this will help troubleshoot this issue. I’m Sorry if I wasn’t clear earlier. I really appreciate your help.

Thank you,
    Moe

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by WebshopLogic.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Moe,

Thank you for the testing server, now I understand and see the problem exactly.
    I login to sftp, but I cannot find the wordpress directory. I need this to be able to insert log lines into the plugin and see the log file.

Thanks,
    Peter

M

Participant

The WordPress directory is in /var/www/ were you not able to find it? Please let me know if you need any help.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Ok, I have it, thanks.
    (I was in /roor directory in default, and I try to find in it.)

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi Moe,

I started to find the reason of the problem on Friday and I continue it now.
    Today I realized that the earlier missing elements are displayed now (please find the attached screenshot).

Have you changed anything since Friday that resolved the problem?

I have not done anything (except deactivate and activate the plugin, and add a “WP Related Items” widget to your Right Sidebar, to get a similar result to your attached screenshot.)

If I have to do anything else to continue to resolve this issue, please let us know.

Peter

Attachments:

M

Participant

Hi Peter,

This’s gonna drive me crazy. No, I haven’t changed anything. And I have tried this million times. Deactivating/reactivating. Even un-installing/installing plugins/theme. Is there any way to figure this out?

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately we could not examine this problem yet on your site, because the problem “disappeared”.
    First I wanted to see the original content of the page without the plugin, that is why I deactivated. Then I activate again, and I could not see the problem.
    I do not know the reason, because we have not got possibility to debug it yet. Probably there is any conflict with something on your site.

We have not realized this kind of problem yet, and have not got any support ticket about similar problem. That is why I suppose this is a kind of local problem on this site.

Please let us know if the problem occurs again.

Peter

luka.zgur

Participant

Hello.

I have the same problem.

When the plugin is deactivated everything is OK. When I activate it the site becomes “boxed”?

See attachments.

Attachments:

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

Hi,

This seems to be a CSS styling problem.

One of the built in css formatting of the plugin may be in conflict with your theme formatting. In this case you can disable css formattings of the plugin, and and instead of it a custom CSS can be used that fits to your theme and site.

First please try to turn on the following checkbboxes on General tab of plugin settings page:
    – Disable YARPP related.css stylesheet
    – Disable YARPP widget.css stylesheet
    – Disable WRI styles-wri-thumbnails_woocommerce.css stylesheet

Peter Rath
    WebshopLogic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.