404 Error on Results Page

Home Page Forums WP Google Search 404 Error on Results Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jtaylor

Participant

I recently migrated a small 2-page site to an internal server using the Duplicator plugin. Now I am having trouble getting the results page to show.

I am able to edit the page, but anytime it is viewed it returns 404 Not Found citing the url does not exist

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

To find out what is causing the problem, enable logging on your WordPress site.

The wp-config.php file should include the following lines just before the line “/ * That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. * /”:

define ('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define ('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    / * That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. * /

After it, reproduce the 404 error and see the fatal errors on your wp-content/debug.log file.

After finding the cause of the problem, we can move on to the solution.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

One more idea:
    Please check that if there is a “Search Results” page in the Pages menu of your WP Admin area, the slug of this page must be “search_gcse”.
    If it does not exist, deactivate and activate the WP Google Search plugin to create this page.
    If it exists, you can try deleting the page and re-creating it by deactivating and activating the plugin.

TedNguyen

Participant

I have had the same issue, and noticed that the Search Page Target URL is showing: “/search_gcse_trashed/” and it would not change by deactivating and activating the plugin.
    Any idea? How can I delete the page “/search_gcse_trashed/” and get the page “/search_gcse/ back”?</p>
    <p>Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by TedNguyen.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by TedNguyen.

WebshopLogic

Keymaster

You can restore the page from the trash.
    Alternatively delete this permanently, then deactivate and activate the plugin.

You can delete the page this way:
    https://easywpguide.com/wordpress-manual/adding-your-site-content/classic-editor/deleting-content/#:~:text=Deleting%20Content&text=To%20delete%20the%20Page%2FPost,a%20single%20Page%20or%20Post.

TedNguyen

Participant

It works. Thanks for your quick assistance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.