WPML Integration

Home Page Forums WooCommerce Custom Tabs WPML Integration

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mary Lou
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Is this plugin compatible with the WPML plugin?
    How can I translate the Tab Titles??

Thanks!
    Mike

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mary Lou.

WebshopLogic
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

We have not prepared this plugin for using with WPML.

Peter Rath
    WebshopLogic

Mary Lou
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Ok thanks.

So is there any way to translate the tabs? Is there a workaround?

There must be some way to control the translations. Can you provide some type of workaround or solution? We have gone through many Product Tab plugins and this one really satisfies our requirements but we must find a way to translate it.

Do you have any solution in place? Or can you point me in the right direction to try to do some translations? With .PO files or anything like that?

Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Mike

WebshopLogic
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

This plugin handles two kind of texts (like other softwares).

The one kind is the fix texts of the plugin, this is contained by the program code. These texts can be translated using the .po files. You can freely do it, so you can translate this plugin.

The other kind of text is the content that you as the user of the plugin enter. Normally you can use your own language, so this contents also can be “translated”. The tab labels and content belongs to this group.

WPML is another question. WPML has a specific functionality that ensures using more languages in the same system. This plugin is not explicitly prepared for WPML, so you cannot use it with WPML.

As a workaround for using this plugin in multilingual environment, you can use WP multisite with MultilingualPress plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/multilingual-press/). But it is a very different way of multi language handling than WPML, so it may not be right for you.

So you can translate this plugin, you can use it for multilingual purposes, but unfortunately at this moment WPML is not supported.

Best Regards,
    Peter Rath
    WebshopLogic

Mary Lou
    Participant

Hi Peter,

I think I got a workaround.

Since I am only translating in one language, I can use the standard features of WPML. The only thing I noticed is when doing the translation of the tabs, the permalinks must stay the same from french to english.

Seems like its working fine and the translations are working properly. The only thing I needed to do was select the custom fields to be translated. Screenshot attached.

Not sure if this is the best way to do it but everything seems to be working properly.

Basically, when I duplicate the page to the french language, I can edit the custom fields/tabs for the french duplicated page. I noticed this is the only place to edit the tabs. Using the built in WPML editor doesn’t work and none of the fields show up in any of the UI for WPML.

I had to translate the tabs to french using the Plus sign under the Product Tabs listing in the dashboard editing window. Kept the permalinks the same, select translate on the fields on the english/original product page, then I am able to do the translations on the french page. And the tab titles are controlled under the Product Tabs, and the french plus sign.

This may not be the right solution but it seems to be working properly.

Let me know if they way I am doing this should work fine.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mary Lou. Reason: Added more info
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

WebshopLogic
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

Thanks for this detailed description.
    If we prepare the plugin to support WPML, we let you know it.

Peter

Mary Lou
    Participant

Hi Peter,

It would be great if you guys did support WPML as I tried many different Tab plugins and this one out beat most of them!

Check out how to connect with WPML. I think it would be a wise business move and your plugin would gain much more exposure.

Go-Global Program

I really think you should jump on board!

Have a good day!
    Mike

WebshopLogic
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information.
    Yes, we know this program, but it is a little bit complex to prepare this plugin for using WPML.
    There are only a few customers who would like to use this plugin with WPML, that is why we have not done this yet.

Peter

Daniel
    Participant

I need it also :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.